Friday, December 21, 2007

Good listens: Chris Cubeta

I am a Chris Cubeta fan -- and if you like lyrics that sound like poetry and music that sounds like a combination of Bruce Springsteen and John Hiatt and a singer who sounds like he means it through every second of every song, you might be one day, too.

Cubeta is a Brooklyn-based singer-songwriter who backs his perceptive, artful words with stirring roots-rock/alt-country arrangements, and sings with total commitment. In past reviews I've compared the quality of his lyrics to big guns like Springsteen, Dylan and Hiatt, and I'm not backing off now. Quite the contrary; his new Change EP is one of the most powerful, amazing discs I've heard all year and you should really go buy it right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't agree more! Can't wait for the next record!