Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Walk This Way

I like to walk – and my iPod has convinced me to like it even more.

Today I pushed the chair away from the desk at 5:00 sharp and headed out with portable music library in hand. Sometimes I have a musical plan in mind for my walks; sometimes not. My first thought today was to start with a song that had been going through my head as I put on my walking shoes – “Walking After Midnight.” I knew I didn’t have the Patsy Cline original, but I thought I might have loaded the Garth Brooks cover version on there.

But, no. Still, having looked for the song via the iPod’s “Songs” listing, I found myself staring at a list of songs that all started with the word “walk.”

Hmm.

And so, here’s the listening program from today’s walk. Another reason why I love my iPod...

“Walk Away” – Joe Walsh
“Walk Back In” – Keb’ Mo’
“Walk Like A Man” – Bruce Springsteen
“Walk Of Life” – Dire Straights
“Walk On” – John Hiatt
“Walk On” – U2
“Walk Softly…” – Ronnie Montrose
“Walk Tall” – John Mellencamp
“Walk This Way” – Aerosmith

No comments: