Sunday, October 23, 2011

So, here's the thing: I wrote a book

Now, that headline probably doesn’t come as a huge surprise.  As most who read this blog know, I’ve been writing non-fiction about music for 15 years now in the form of reviews and interviews for The Daily Vault; it was really only a matter of time before that became the nucleus for an attempt at fiction as well.

The end result is Believe in Me, a novel of “musical fiction” that will be published in e-book form by Wampus Multimedia on Nov. 29.  There is no physical book, at least not at this stage; instead, I’m joining my friend Wampus Creative Director Mark Doyon out on the electronic frontier.  Wampus has been publishing e-books for several years now, in between releasing some of the most imaginative, challenging, literate indie-rock albums out there.

I could go on with a whole lot of blah blah blah about the story and such here, but Wampus has already set up a couple of places for that to happen, so if you’re so inclined, please join me at jasonwarburg.com and/or wampus.com/jason-warburg to learn more.  Bottom line: I hope you’ll enjoy the book, and that if you do, you’ll tell your friends. That’s how this stuff works circa 2011: it’s all about spreading the word, one e-mail, Facebook status, blog post and tweet at a time.

(Oh, and just for the record, I'm not abandoning this blog... it will be back at some point in the future.  After all, I have a lot of reading list left to explore!)

Take care and don't be a stranger.

No comments: